|Job Title:||Reports to:|
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such duties as may reasonably be required)
- To positively support Caroline Nyakudya in providing leadership to the administration, care, catering, housekeeping, laundry and maintenance functions of the service.
- To deputise for the function of the Registered Manager during their absence, while at all times supporting the decisions made by Caroline Nyakudya.
- To maintain skills at a current level and undertake such training and development as may from time-to-time be required to maintain that currency of practice.
- To manage the service in accordance with standards agreed with Caroline Nyakudya, the Registered Provider, legislative requirements, relevant regulations and in line with accepted best practice, and within the financial plans agreed from time-to-time with the Registered Provider.
Lorac Healthcare Ltd, but you may be required to work from other locations at the discretion of the company and with appropriate notice.
5 days over 7-day period, as agreed with the manager.
Role Specific Duties:
- Ensure Service Users are at the heart of the care delivery and their wishes and preferences enhance their wellbeing.
- The efficient and effective day-to-day management of the human resources involved in providing care through the staff team and ensuring that the required standards are maintained.
- Ensuring all recording systems and organisational documentation are of a high standard and kept up to date.
- To ensure all Lorac Healthcare Ltd staff receive formal supervision and appraisals.
- Oversee the duty rota monthly in advance ensuring the correct skills and numbers on duty.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of those individuals they support.
Working with Others:
- Develop effective working relationships with other employees within Lorac Healthcare Ltd.
- Work in cooperation with members of the multi-disciplinary teams to maximise opportunities for people in the service.
Leading by Example:
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Work within the relevant Code of Conduct, e.g. NMC.
- Be registered with the relevant body and work within the Code of Conduct.
- Obtain the relevant qualifications required to work in the deputising role, e.g. management qualification commensurate with the role.
- Attend statutory training and any other training as directed by the management.
Value Based Personal Qualities
- Involve Service Users, family, external agencies & colleagues
- Speak up when things go wrong
Respect and Dignity
- Understand person-centred care and can demonstrate treating people as individuals and respecting choices
- Promoting independence and encouraging appropriate risk taking
- Ensuring no one is discriminated against or excluded
- Understand human rights and impact on care delivery
- Facilitating people to ‘speak up’ about concerns and acting upon them
Commitment to Quality of Care
- Striving for quality in everything we do recognising and understanding what quality in care means for people using the services
- Being accepting about criticism and focusing on improvement
- Being open to new opportunities for learning and identifying the limits of skills and knowledge
- Treating people with kindness
- Understanding the importance of empathy in all areas of employment
- Understanding the values of others and always providing a caring service
- Focus on how things could be done better and sharing ideas
- Understanding of wellbeing and what is important to people using the service
- Improving outcomes for people
- Ensuring appropriate services are provided for people using the services